Friday, April 17, 2009


good evening friends, how is your week been? hasn't there been moments of pure beauty the past few weeks as Spring is emerging and the days are getting longer. for us at our house dinners are starting to move out onto the deck, the kids are running around barefoot in the grass. there is so much more lingering going on outside well into the evening. there is a definite longing to savor what the season is offering the senses.

during the long winter months here in gray Seattle I really don't like to get my camera out in the evening. the lack of natural light and frustration working my flash feels so complicated for this very untrained photographer. but when the sun begins to come out to stay for longer periods I find myself wanting to capture it all and twilight becomes the time when I am most likely to start snapping photos.

lately I have been experimenting with the sunlight reflecting off of my lens. I think it is called lens flare. I love the soft, romantic feel it gives a photo, don't you. I wish I knew what I was doing with it. do any of you have any sort of advice on lens flare?



I've seen the most amazing work around the web like these images here from the amazing photographer Angie Muldowney and wonder what the tricks are to capture the light so beautifully in this way.


do any of you have favorite photographers who use lens flare to enhance their photography? I would love to see more of this and of course any tips on the technique.


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and are able to enjoy some Spring time sunshine and light, get out there and try out some lens flare for yourselves and of course your always welcome to share your images by linking in the comment section!!

Happy Photographing,
Rebekah

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I personally love to catch some flare in my photos, it is absolutely beautiful.