Tuesday, October 26, 2010

an invitation


A few months ago when I found out I was expecting my third baby I approached Kristen about coming on board and helping me with the Ten on Ten project. I honestly cannot thank her enough for the ways that she has inspired and encouraged me through her gorgeous contribution in this space! About two weeks ago my first daughter, Josie was born. I have been flooded with the blessing that is new life and savoring the special bonding moments while falling in love with her more and more each day. Her birth makes me think a lot about this project and remembering why I started it in the first place. I had a just had my second child and was looking for a creative outlet that would be easy enough to do with young children and challenging enough to cause me to look outside the box for beauty among the ordinary things that go on from day to day. It has been almost three years now since this project began and last month we had over a hundred participants that linked up in some way or another. I can not tell you how much that blesses me, that so many of you are excited about looking for those gracious moments in our day that deserve to be forever preserved through the camera lens.


So for the month of November Kristen and I will be doing an extra special little side project along with the regular installment on the tenth. Each weekday during the month we will be posting a single image from both of our days. A moment that might seem ordinary to some but to us a chance to pause and enjoy the blessings and gratitude we have for the lives that we have been given. A very similar idea to one that Amanda Soule started called this moment as well as the 3191 Miles Apart diptychs by MAV and Stephanie Congdon Barnes, and also Andi's 30 Days of Gratefulness. Once a day a wordless way to note our gratitude.


If you would like to join us please do. On each Friday for the month of November a linky will be posted for you to sign, feel free to link it to your favorite moment from the week so that all of us can enjoy. Get creative and have fun!


Thank you to all of you who regularly participate in the Ten on Ten project and for making it what it is. You guys are such an inspiration to both myself and Kristen!


Rebekah

11 comments:

Kara said...

Congratulations on all of your little gifts!!!

I LOVE this idea for November- I will be there with bells on, no matter how boring the pictures are of a full time lady in corporate American spending her nights as a full-time graduate stuent/Daisy leader may be. :)

Lewy said...

Brilliant idea, I love it! Will definitely be participating. :)

Amy @ Lucky Number 13 said...

love this, and a perfect time of year to pause and remember these little moments!

Jenny said...

i'll try...but i'm thinking maybe it will be more realistic for me to find 10 moments...i haven't been taking many photos these days...perhaps this will breathe new life into me.

have been loving this space as it's grown and developed and think you're doing such a great job inspiring others in all you do- both of you!

Rachel said...

Great idea! I really enjoyed doing an "I am thankful for..." post every day last November. This will be a fun twist on that.

Kristen Gough said...

i'm so excited to begin this project with you, rebekah, and i know i will be inspired throughout the month by all the glimpses of your blessings. it has been a joy to join you in this space as a guest author. thank YOU for asking me! xoxo

can't wait to see the things everyone is grateful for this next month! hope you all will join us--if not every day, perhaps once or twice a week!

Casey said...

A fun idea, excited to participate! :) Thanks for keeping the inspiration coming ladies.

stacy bostrom said...

i'm in.. if i can remember ;)

Rachel said...

Yay! I'm inspired already! :)

Heidi said...

Congratulations on your new precious little one. I am doing a daily post for November called "Thanksgiving Thankfuls" (description to be posted on Oct 31st at StartsAtEight.com), and your idea with the photos is a fantastic add on! I linked this Invitation post to mine so others may join and share in the fun. I am looking forward to spending the month focusing on the positive!

Melissa said...

& you two creative wonderful gals are a total *inspiration* to us....

i soo look forward to spending the day getting lost in my 10 on 10 project...i will definately be linking up...

& sweet wishes for your new little one...i have three and feel blessed every day to have my small *gang*...

melissa x